in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Address: Località Veriolo, Strada Prov.le 29, Lutirano - 50034 Marradi (FI), Italy
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +39 055 804818
We are reopening courses to a limited number of students who meet certain requirements:
- they must be currently living in Italy and able to use the Italian language (therefore only Italian registration forms will be accepted)(it does not apply to servers)
- they must either have been vaccinated or recovered from Covid or have a negative Covid test within 48 hours before arrival at the centre
- they must be able to arrive and leave the centre with your own means of transport or be able to leave by way of a contact who is available to pick you up on the same day in case you develop symptoms. (it does not apply to servers)
Each participant will be asked to carefully read the health protocol in force at the centre and to complete and carry a self-certification form with them; acceptance of these requirements will be essential in order to continue the registration process.
In addition, those who are confirmed on the course must bring sheets and masks.
In case of cancellation of the course, always a possibility should the situation worsen, students and servers will be informed by e-mail.
In this case, we will not be able to offer a replacement or alternative course.
We thank you for your understanding.
Dhamma service at the meditation center (for old students only)
Click on the icon below for further information on Dhamma service periods at the meditation center:
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your computer to our application server.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://atala.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.