in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Dhamma Dipa is an 11-acre property set in rolling farmland between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye. Purchased in 1991, its peaceful location is ideally suited to serious meditation. The centre has about 50 single rooms and can accommodate 130 students in total.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Returning students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you provided one in your application. We aim to respond within two weeks. Please check your spam folder for our email.
- If your application is accepted we will ask you to reconfirm a month before the course begins in order to secure your place.
|All UK courses||Dhamma Sukhakāri |
|Dhamma Padhāna |
|Northern England||Scotland||Ireland||Children and Teenagers||Old Student Group Sits |
and 1-Day Courses
Applications are accepted from 8 p.m. in the summer and 7 p.m. in the winter UK time on the day courses open for registration.
Note: The 'apply' link will not be visible until then. Also the actual opening time may be a few minutes or even up to an hour later. This is due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the 'apply' link as this page does not auto-refresh.
Important message regarding Coronavirus
Courses and all work periods are open only to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland, until further notice. Please make sure that the Covid 19 guidelines in your area will allow you to travel and that you will not be in breach of them by attending a course.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://dipa.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.