in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / French
Courses are also held in other parts of France (see links below)One or two ten-day courses are held in the centre each month, in French, in English, and occasionally in Khmer. Different langages are available on audiotapes so that foreign students can listen to the evening discourses in their mother tongue.
The French Vipassana centre is situated on 100 acres of land, in beautiful country, a lovely mixture of woods and meadows. Goenkaji called the centre Dhamma Mahi, « the land of Dhamma ». The Dhamma Mahi Centre is located in the territory of Champignelles in the department of Yonne (89). The nearest village is Villiers-Saint-Benoît (3 kms). The centre is 12 kms away from Toucy, 36 kms away from Auxerre, and about 170 kms away from Paris.
- Access the application form by clicking on "Apply*" in the left hand column.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through email. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
- The registration starts around 6h in the morning on the opening day of the course. Please note that for new students we proceed with an electronic random selection. See explanatory note under the heading '10 day courses and other courses for adults' below.
Centre Vipassana Dhamma Mahi
Le Bois Planté
Tel : +33 (0) 18.104.22.168.14
Fax : +33 (0) 22.214.171.124.20
E-mail : [email protected]
|All courses |
|Dhamma Mahi |
|Dhamma Nilaya||North West||North East||Reunion Island||Children & Teenagers|
|Paris area||South West||South East|
ÉTUDIANTS FRANCOPHONES : Merci de remplir le formulaire en français, cela facilitera les échanges avec les chargés de cours et les enseignants. Pour cela, cliquez sur le lien "S'inscrire" à partir de la page en français à laquelle vous accéderez en sélectionnant 'Français' dans le menu 'languages" en haut à droite de cette page. Merci.
All courses are conducted in accordance with the government's health measures for the prevention of Covid-19, as they evolve.
For more details: Special instructions related to COVID-19 (in French)
Regarding courses already open, participants are regularly informed about the requisites (for further details, please visit our website). Notably, for now:
- only those officially residing in France are accepted;
- those who have travelled abroad must wait 7 days before coming to the Centre;
- in case of Covid-19 symptoms or of contact with somebody supposed to have Covid-19, please cancel your participation.
In case of cancellation, applicants will be informed via email. We cannot offer a replacement or alternative-course. Please re-apply as soon as the registration opens again.
Due to actual circomstances (courses cancelled and reduced amount of places) and to high number of applications, the gap between to courses (sat), initially 4 then 6 months, is extended to 12 months (i.e. one course per year). This is also the case for the wait lists which number of applications is limited.
Reminder: this restriction applies for 10 day courses, Satipatthana and long courses (not for service).
Thank you for your understanding.
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your computer to our application server.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://mahi.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.