in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Spanish
On the afternoon of June 22, 1999, the Spanish Vipassana Association purchased a building near Palautordera, about 35 miles Northwest of Barcelona, to serve as the first Dhamma centre in Spain. S. N. Goenka named it "Dhamma Neru", which means "Heavenly Mountain of Dhamma". The main building of Dhamma Neru is built on four sides of an open courtyard and sits in the middle of a flat 3,6 acres site surrounded by a high hedge and an abundance of fruit and ornamental trees. The Centre can currently accommodate 62 students, though the Dhamma Hall can hold 80.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
|All Spain Courses||Centre: Dhamma Sacca||Group Sittings: |
North and East
|Group Sittings: |
West, Centre and South
|Teenagers' and Children's Courses|
- The actual opening time could be a few minutes after the indicated time.
- If when you enter the registration the course is not yet open, you must close the web page and reopen it (refresh the system), otherwise you will not be able to see that the course opens.
- Most courses run out of the places in a few minutes.
- fill out the application to participate in the course in the most detailed way possible. Please register with the exact name you have in your passport or national ID (DNI/NIE).
- The system reserves the place from the moment one starts to fill out the application for a period of 30 minutes, and the countdown starts again each time the page is passed in the application form. This gives more than enough time to fill all the necessary information without any hurry.
- Old students can sit for up to two courses in one year. The third course can not be held in the months of July, August, or in courses that coincide with Christmas or Easter dates. To sit two courses back to back needs the final approval from the teacher at the completion of the first course.
- Please add [email protected] to your list of allowed mail otherwise the confirmation letter may end up in your spam folder.
- Please apply ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE COURSE. Last minute cancellations prevent us from using the maximum capacity of the centre by not leaving us enough time to process new applications.
Our activities will be gradually resuming at the end of June.
Concerning the courses already opened, the participants will be regularly informed of course conditions. In particular, for the moment:
- only students who can travel to the center as established by the authorities are allowed.
- please don't go to the center if in the previous 14 days you have had symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with people infected by Covid-19.
- all participants must keep the 2 meters safety distance everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- please bring masks for the entire course.
- in order to participate in courses at Dhamma Neru it is necessary to have a contact who can pick you ap at the center on the same day that the notice is given if you develop symptoms compatible with COVID-19 during the course.
Thank you for your understanding.
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your device to our application server.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://es.dhamma.org/index.php?id=3053&L=0. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.