in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
A new 10-day centre in the UK, set in 20 acres of land on the edge of Haughley Green, in the Suffolk countryside, a few miles from Stowmarket station. From summer 2018, the new centre will offer a programme of 10- and 3-day courses for up to 80 students, as well as courses for children and young people. Dhamma Sukhakāri means ‘giving the happiness of Dhamma’.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Returning students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you provided one in your application. We aim to respond within two weeks. Please check your spam folder for our email.
- If your application is accepted we will ask you to reconfirm a month before the course begins in order to secure your place.
Address: Dhamma Sukhakari, Walnut Tree Manor, Haughley Green, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 3RQ
email: [email protected]
Tel: 01449 833080
|All UK courses||Dhamma Dīpa (Herefordshire)||Dhamma Padhāna |
|Northern England||Scotland||Ireland||Children and Teenagers||Old Student Group Sits |
and 1-Day Courses
Applications are accepted from 8 p.m. in the summer and 7 p.m. in the winter UK time on the day courses open for registration.
Note: The 'apply' link will not be visible until then. Also the actual opening time may be a few minutes or even up to an hour later.This is due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the 'apply' link as this page does not auto-refresh.
Important message regarding Coronavirus:
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://sukhakari.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.