in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living. To those who are not familiar with Vipassana Meditation we recommend visiting the International Vipassana website for an introduction. Additionally you may be interested in our answers to commonly asked questions.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
If the current circumstances allow, the courses will be held as planned.
Registration for the courses will open at 9 p.m CET
Concerning the courses already opened, the participants will be regularly informed of
course conditions. In particular, for the moment:
- Courses and other activities are now held with a smaller number of participants, observing strict safety and hygiene protocols.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, e.a COVID-19 measures and travel restrictions, scheduled courses and/or confirmed participation may be cancelled at any time.
- Only students who can travel to Serbia as established by the authorities are allowed.
- If in 14 days before the course you have developed symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with people infected by Covid-19, please cancel your application.
- You must have an emergency contact person who can pick you up on the same day in the event that you show any symptoms of coronavirus, even if you expect to be able to drive yourself.
- All participants must keep the 2 meters safety distance everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Please bring masks for the entire course.
Thank you for your understanding.
- The actual opening time could be a few minutes after the indicated time.
- If when you enter the registration the course is not yet open, you must close the web page and reopen it (refresh the system), otherwise you will not be able to see that the course opens.
- Most courses run out of the places in a few minutes.
- Fill out the application to participate in the course in the most detailed way possible.
- Please register with the exact name you have in your passport or national ID (DNI/NIE).
- The system reserves the place from the moment one starts to fill out the application for a period of 30 minutes, and the countdown starts again each time the page is passed in the application form. This gives more than enough time to fill all the necessary information without any hurry.
- Please add [email protected] to your list of allowed mail otherwise the confirmation letter may end up in your spam folder.
- Please apply ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE COURSE. Last minute cancellations prevent us from using the maximum capacity of the site by not leaving us enough time to process new applications.
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://rs.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.