in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Dhamma Lakkhaṇa, meaning 'Characteristic of Dhamma', is situated in eight acres (approximately 105,000 sq m) of land in the capital of Uttar Pradesh, India's most populous state. Established in January 2003, the Centre is well-connected by air and rail, with the nearest locality being the small town of Bakshi-kaTalab located about 15 km. from Lucknow on Lucknow - Sitapur Highway.
Facilities for foreigners
1. Deshna to provide instructions/discourses in their favourite languages.
2. Provision of international swipe machine and online donation system.
3. Accommodation as per their suitability.
4. The centre is around 40 kilometres From the airport.
5. Availability of FCRA Account.
6. Separate discourse Hall for foreigners.
ONLINE DONATION: Please visit https://online.dana.vridhamma.org/ if you wish to make an online donation to Dhamma Lakkhana. (Only for old students)
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Lucknow Vipassana Centre -- Dhamma Lakkhana
Asti Road; Bakshi ka Talab
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 227 202, India
Email: [email protected]
Contact: Mr. Pankaj Jain
A-101, Hampton Courts Apartments, Behind Piccadily Hotel
Alambagh, Lucknow, U.P. 226 005, India
Phone: 9335906341, 9839120032
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://lakkhana.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.