in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
- Access the application form for sitting 3-day, 10-day and Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta courses or for serving all courses by clicking 'Apply' in the left hand column. Note that for sitting 20-day, 30-day, 45-day and 10-day Special courses you need to apply using the Long Course Application form.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through email if you give an email address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
For regular 10-day courses for both old and new students in the UK, Herefordshire or Suffolk, please see the UK Schedule.
Applications are accepted from 8 p.m. in the summer and 7 p.m. in the winter UK time on the day courses open for registration.
Note: The 'apply' link will not be visible until then. Also the actual opening time may be a few minutes or even up to an hour later. This is due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the 'apply' link as this page does not auto-refresh.
All the courses in until the end of April has been cancelled due to government guidance.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://padhana.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.