in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** All courses are bilingual: English plus one other language, Dutch, German or French.
Vipassana Meditation Centre Dhamma Pajjota (Torch of Dhamma) is situated in a rural area near the Belgian town of Dilsen-Stokkem, close to the borders of the Netherlands and Germany. The 11-acre site is surrounded by forest and farmland, and has spacious walking areas with numerous trees. At present comfortable accommodation is offered for up to 90 students.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING COVID-19
From July 7th onward we hope to be able to accept participants from outside Belgium again. It will be the responsibility of each participant to follow the travel advice from the country they come from, as well as the guidelines from the Belgian government.
In line with these requirements, once the green EU COVID-19 certificate is rolled out, this certificate will be a requirement to attend the course for those coming from abroad. From every participant we will need proof that you have been vaccinated against coronavirus or have had a recent negative test result or have recovered from the disease.
Although you may have a confirmed place on the course, please understand this confirmation is provisional, based on changing corona measures. In case the situation aggravates courses may have to be cancelled or the number of participants may be reduced.
To minimize risks for other students:
Please don't come to the centre if in the previous 10 days you have had symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with people infected by Covid-19.
Please follow hygiene and safety procedures in the centre meticulously. You will be informed of these prior to the course.
Registration will open 2 months before the course starts at 8 pm winter time or 9 pm summer time. Note, the 'apply' link will not be visible until then. You will need to refresh this page to see the link as this page does not auto refresh.
For a 10-day course you can apply until midnight to attend (sit) the course. If the course is not full you can also apply later. Places for attending the 10-day course are allocated by electronic random selection. Anyone whose application has not been selected will be notified within 4 days. For serving the course (only possible as an old student) it is possible to apply as long as the course is open for servers.
|Dhamma Pajjota||The Netherlands||Belgium||Teenagers’ and Children’s Courses|
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
General information for the 10-day courses in the Glind-Netherlands
- Registration will open 2 months before the course starts at 20.00 hrs (winter time) 21.00 hrs (summer time). Note, the 'apply' link will not be visible until then. The actual opening time may be some time later, due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the link as this page does not auto refresh. The course will stay open tilll midnight for registration.
- Places will be allocated through random selection.
- Places are only available for those who live in the Netherlands and haven’t attended a course in the last 12 months.
Information regarding COVID19 for the 10-day courses in the Glind-Netherlands
- The courses are held with a smaller number of participants, observing strict safety and hygiene protocols.
- You must have an emergency contact person who can pick you up on the same day in the event that you show any symptoms of coronavirus, even if you expect to be able to drive yourself.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, e.a COVID-19 measures and travel restrictions, scheduled courses and/or confirmed participation may be cancelled at any time.
- If places become available due to cancellations, the course may again open for registration at any time.
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your device to our application server.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://pajjota.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.